DIY- Pallet Craft: Hanging Pot Plant Box
Follow these 10 simple DIY steps to create your very own trendy hanging pot plant box!
To get started, here’s what you will need:
- Pack of screws
- Pack of nails
- Small L-shape brackets
- Pallet wood
- Powafix Metal Primer
- Powafix Satinshield White
- Powafix Fence Defence
- 3.2m Chain
- 5 x Screw hooks
- Pot plant
- 100 Grit sand paper
Estimated Project Duration: 3 hours
HANDY TIPS & TRICKS TO NOTE WHEN DOING THIS PROJECT:
- Use nails to join the panels then add 1 or 2 screws for strength.
- For untreated timber- use Powafix Enseal to protect the timber from insect attack.
- Water based stains can be used to achieve the required colour.
– Gather your materials.
– Measure and mark the panels to the desired size.
-Coat the steel chain with Powafix Metal Primer, this will prevent rusting and provide a long lasting durable finish.
– Prior to assembling your box- cut and sand all your panels.
– Make the box slightly bigger than the pot plant to accommodate for when your plant grows.
– Using the angle iron or L-shaped brackets, join the panels to the corner pieces using nails or screws.
– Once the assembly of the box is complete- paint the inside with Powafix Fence Defence to waterproof the box and protect the wood from rot and decay.
– Paint the exterior of the box with Powafix Satinshield– stretch the coating to make the sanding easier.
– Use the 100 grit sand paper to slightly sand over the Satinshield- sand the surface until the timber starts showing through for an antique white-wash look.
– Mount a hook on each corner of the box
– Measure and cut your chain into 4 equal lengths.
–Mount the 5th hook to the substrate you would like your flower box to hang from.
– Hang the four pieces of chain onto the hooks
– Place the pot plant in the box
Sit back and enjoy your creation!